-
1400x1050 resolution on a Dell Inspiron 8100
hi,
First i have to say i'm really impressed by knoppix, almost everything works fine on my Dell Inspiron 8100!
There is a small remaining problem though. My screen has a maximal 1400x1050 resolution, which I would like to use. My graphic card is the "famous" NVIDIA GeForce 2 Go 16Mb used by Dell laptops (i say famous because of all the problems I had with it on Linux...
) .
When I boot Knoppix, the display works fine, but it uses a 1024x768 resolution I think. So then I tried to pass the "screen=1400x1050" at boot time, which does make the resolution bigger, but not quite right, the display is still smaller than my screen.
My graphic card seems to be recognized fine though, as a "lspci -v" command gives
Code:
(...)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 Go] (rev b2) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00e6
Flags: bus master, VGA palette snoop, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0
(...)
Anyone knows how I can make Knoppix boot with a 1400x1050 resolution? Should i download the NVidia driver as I normally had to do for other distros like Mandrake and Gentoo? Knoppix seems to be able to deal with this NVidia card without having to install the NVidia drivers though.
Thanks
-
Problem solved! :-)
Well sorry about that I didn't search enough in the forums beforehand... I found this script written by Fabianx, see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...t=4016&start=0 :
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/live/nvidia-live.sh
to install the NVidia drivers and now everything works fine. I don't think the script installs the latest NVidia drivers though, the variable VER in it should be modified to give the latest version.
Does anyone know if this is the most recent version of the script? Will it be included by default in the next Knoppix version?
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
-
By monkuncle in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 10:00 PM
-
By melknin in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 04:18 PM
-
By antskip in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 11:01 PM
-
By Adam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99