Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Getting airjack to work correctly...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3

    Getting airjack to work correctly...

    I'm running a hdd install of knoppix v3.3 and am trying to get airjack to work. So far I've done the following:
    I have kernel source
    Downloaded and configured pcmcia-cs-3.1.31 (this was the only one I could get it to compile on)
    airjack 0.6.2 source (modified the makefile to point to the correct locations)

    I can get everything to compile. I run depmod and everything seems fine. When I alter /etc/pcmcia/config to add the airjack device and replace the orinoco_cs driver with airjack_cs for my wlan card everything seems fine.

    However when I try to run ifconfig or iwconfig the lappy goes into a race condition and the only way to stop it is to reboot.

    Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    42
    You might have better results by e-mailing one of the developers:

    http://802.11ninja.net/airjack/

    Btw, what are you planning to use with the airjack driver? Do you have the airjack tool set?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thanks I'll see what they have to say...

    Yes I have the airjack tool set (at least how it was on version 0.6.2).

    We're looking at using this as part of an active response within what's becoming a homegrown wireless IDS.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    42
    I've got the 0.6.3 version but it doesn't have the complete set of tools.

    Do you have a link for the 0.6.2 version?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    It's a spanish site but anyone should be able to figure it out.

    http://valenciawireless.net/weblog/v...ile.php?lid=17

    If anyone has sucessfully set this up on Knoppix (not STD) please let me know. I will check with the development folks but based upon the last posts and the status of the site it doesn't look to be supported all that much right now.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    42
    Perhaps as a last resort you might want to try contacting Joshua Wright.

    http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

    E-mail address on his web page. He has been active in the airjack project and may be able to give you some help.

Similar Threads

  1. su doesn't work correctly
    By Zeffel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
  2. samba not woring correctly after hd install
    By geordiebiker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 05:35 AM
  3. How do I edit linuxrc correctly?
    By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 04:54 PM
  4. iso image will not burn correctly
    By servant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:44 AM
  5. Automount doesn't work correctly?
    By bfree in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00