-
Permission problem after installing OpenOffice binary
Hi,
I installed Knoppix to the HD and then installed OOo 1.1 from a binary package, since I couldn't get the debs at the time (wasn't online then).
It installed fine and runs fine, but when I quit, I always get a message which says
"Error saving the document
file:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/user/basic/script.xlc/:
General Error.
General Input/output error."
And then I can't save my prefs, and it's always like I'm running OOo for the first time. Mrrr.
And these are the permissions for that specific file (ll output):
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 912 2003-09-01 04:10 script.xlc
What am I doing wrong?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Here's a guess (just a guess): Did you only install OOo just as root? If you're doing a multi-user install (even if you're only installing for "root" and your normal user account), you have to run a network setup as root -- i.e. "./setup -net" -- and then, as your normal user, go to the directory you installed OOo to and run setup again -- i.e. "./setup" -- and do a Workstation installation to your user's home dir.
My guess is that you've only done the root setup part.
Installation instructions are at this address.
Similar Threads
-
By palmerac in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By BDelph in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 09:10 PM
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 11:29 AM
-
By jack-ren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Slay3r in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$369.59

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55