Please post your /etc/fstab
man mount
and
man fstab
for instructions.
Have you tried right clicking on the icons?
I have an icon for the floppy and cdrom showing on the desktop after installing Knoppix to my hard drive. When I click on the cdrom I get "file:/mnt/cdrom does not exit and a similar message when I click on the floppy icon I get a similar message. My dual boot installation is on a IBM laptop. The floppy device is USB and the cdrom is actually a dvd/cdrom. What do I need to do to access these? Where can I find real basic "need to know" intructions for beginners like how to mount devices etc?
Please post your /etc/fstab
man mount
and
man fstab
for instructions.
Have you tried right clicking on the icons?
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda7 / ext2 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda6 none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
OK, the error messages were right! The mountpoints for your cdrom and floppy are incorrect.
You need to make new icons (really, they're links).
Right click on the Kde desktop. Create New > CD/DVDROM device. In the "device" tab put
/dev/cdrom
and everything should be fine. Similar for the floppy. Then (once you've got them working) you can right click on the old ones and select delete.
To mount, right click and select mount.
yes that fixed that problem.
thks

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
✅ CHIP CSG 8500 - Commodore C64-C, Tested and working.
$39.99
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99