Please post your /etc/fstab
man mount
and
man fstab
for instructions.
Have you tried right clicking on the icons?
I have an icon for the floppy and cdrom showing on the desktop after installing Knoppix to my hard drive. When I click on the cdrom I get "file:/mnt/cdrom does not exit and a similar message when I click on the floppy icon I get a similar message. My dual boot installation is on a IBM laptop. The floppy device is USB and the cdrom is actually a dvd/cdrom. What do I need to do to access these? Where can I find real basic "need to know" intructions for beginners like how to mount devices etc?
Please post your /etc/fstab
man mount
and
man fstab
for instructions.
Have you tried right clicking on the icons?
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda7 / ext2 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda6 none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
OK, the error messages were right! The mountpoints for your cdrom and floppy are incorrect.
You need to make new icons (really, they're links).
Right click on the Kde desktop. Create New > CD/DVDROM device. In the "device" tab put
/dev/cdrom
and everything should be fine. Similar for the floppy. Then (once you've got them working) you can right click on the old ones and select delete.
To mount, right click and select mount.
yes that fixed that problem.
thks

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage
$200.00
Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99