Do you mean KDE3.1 on the regular Knoppix CD in place of KDE3.0 or on the hard drive?
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a guide to installing KDE 3.1 on a remastered version of Knoppix 3.1? I have the all the debs.
Thanx all!
Do you mean KDE3.1 on the regular Knoppix CD in place of KDE3.0 or on the hard drive?
Yes, id like to install it on a remastered version of knoppix.
I have been working on a little project for a number of weeks to create a remastered version of knoppix, without openoffice and other apps that are useless on knoppix in my opinion, and replace them with crypto tools, lighter office packages and better games, id like to add kde3.1 to that list because on reading reviews, it seems much faster.
I have no idea what to do however, I have all the relevant *.deb files from the free cds of LinuxFormat magazine (UK), and I dont have an internet connection so I cant apt-get files from the web (i make do with buying new cds of current to update my running debian woody system).
Sorry, I'll rephrase that. I know how to remaster a knoppix cd, I've done so a few times, all successfully in last couple of months, but I dont know how to install kde3.1 on knoppix, in place of kde3.0

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9 DUAL E5-2690v3 DDR4 ECC 2x CADDY NO DRIVES NO MEMORY/RAM
$30.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99