-
Linksys WPC11 v4 - Realtek Drivers
I'm trying to get my Linksys WPC11 v4 to work with Knoppix on a Dell Latitude D600 laptop. Obviously, it doesnt work "out-of-the-box" (or I wouldnt be posting here).
There are Linux drivers available directly from Realtek (http://www.realtek.com.tw). I tried downloading these to my Windows drive (i.e. in windows, then mounted /mnt/hda2 and copied) and compiling in root home dir. But as soon as I do an insmod I get a Seg fault.
These drivers (not this exact version) worked fine on an older laptop I had running Redhat9 but dont seem to work for Knoppix.
Any plans on including this support into the liveCD? Does anyone know if there is a version of Knoppix floating around that someone has remastered that would work with the WPC11 v4?
Similar Threads
-
By bljohnson in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By mloiterman in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By PAlvarez in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By cgoodier in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:07 AM
-
By Gulliver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00