Right like on the dirve that has the DVD and click play DVD.
Navigate to /mnt/auto/floppy (or /mnt/floppy)
give the computer a chance to see the floppy first though.
First time posting so please be gentle. My inquiry is two-fold. I wish to know how to watch DVDs while using K3.3. I'm guessing Xine's the program but the movie doesn't autoplay when I put the disc in the player so I'm lost. My second wish is to know how to save KWord or OpenOffice documents to floppy disc. Thank you...
Right like on the dirve that has the DVD and click play DVD.
Navigate to /mnt/auto/floppy (or /mnt/floppy)
give the computer a chance to see the floppy first though.
OK the message box read "The source can't be read. Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or the source doesn't containdata (e.g: disc not in drive). (Error reading NAV packet)" Interestingly the Xine player read "Hellsing: Chapter 1" before the message popped up. I'm wrestling with saving documents to floppy disc as we speak.
DVD doesn't work for me ether. Hopefully it will be fixed in 3.4
The Knoppix CD does not include the decoder necessary to play commercial DVDs.
Where might one find the decoder?Originally Posted by nmcphillips
One needs to install libdvdcss. Not sure if this is possible for the live CD, though...
how would one go about installing that?
On a hd install put this:
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
in your sources.list and do: "apt-get -s install libdvdcss2", remove the -s if it works.
Glad to know I'm not the only one this mystified. Thanks one and all for the replies.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99