I made a mistake about my video card. It is GeForce Ti-4600. Sure would appreciate some help.
Please excuse me as I am brand new at this Linux thing and I am trying to see if I can wean myself from the Microsoft addiction. I burned a copy of the Knoppix download and when I booted to the disk it went through the boot init and when the boot page went to the actual running system my monitor became very distorted. It had 4 vertical sections that sort of overlapped and many horizontal lines that made the screen image totally unreadable. My monitor is a 19 inch ViewSonic LCD and my video card is a Nvidia G4 T-4800. During the the boot process I see a line that reads "MP-BIOS Bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC". Is this my problem and what do I do now?
I made a mistake about my video card. It is GeForce Ti-4600. Sure would appreciate some help.
Sounds like it might be this bug:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...880&highlight=
Pete424 - can you please post any fix you find to this forum as I seem to have exactly the same problem.
Thanks.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99