Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: more trouble booting knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    more trouble booting knoppix

    I'm new to all this, I've read some other members' comments about problems with some graphics boards not being recognised by Knoppix. I run a Packard Bell imedia 5267 ("commiserations," I hear you all cry as one!). When I leave Knoppix to do its own thing, the monitor goes out of range, and tells me to switch to 1024x768, 60HZ. It sounds like things are happening, but I can't see what. I've tried failsafe mode and also things like fb1024x768 and knoppix xmodule=nv, but to no avail! I don't even know what graphics card the machie has, but I guess it's a NVidia board, as most PB machines have these.
    Somebody, PLEASE help me!
    edc

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in failsafe mode, it thinks for a while and tells me:
    retrying with Server Xfree86(vesa)
    retrying with Server Xfree86(fbdev)
    Error : no suitable X-Server found for your card.
    And our brief foray into Knoppix comes to an end.
    Aack!

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting Knoppix v3.8.2-2005.05.05EN
    By Miles_Teg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
  2. Trouble Booting Knoppix
    By skartel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
  3. Trouble booting Knoppix in Win XP
    By Joe_Smith in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Trouble booting Knoppix
    By chuckywang in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
  5. trouble booting a knoppix CD
    By Jared in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$175.90



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$7.99



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$99.00