everything is doable and I'll try to make such version soon.
I only don't know how to do:
disable the menus, make full screen
so if you tell me how to do that I'll do it![]()
Gandalfar, It would be nice if you had teh homepage set in a homepage.txt file in the root of the CD. Then it becomes easily customizable by others. Don't know how much extra work it would be for you, but you could make a locked down firefox-kiosk.iso that includes all the security changes people have recommended here to make it unbreakable.
disable the Alt-Fn1-7, disable the menus, make full screen, disable resize, make entire filesystem owned by root:root, maybe make a bookmarks.txt file that could include a list of premade bookmarks, proxy.txt that gets scanned at boot where proxy info could be placed, maybe a few other minor items I forgot. THe idea with the text files is not requiring a full cloop decomppress, edit and recompress for people just wanting to customize a few settings.
Have those text files scanned at boot and the info linked to the standard files in the firefox directory.
everything is doable and I'll try to make such version soon.
I only don't know how to do:
disable the menus, make full screen
so if you tell me how to do that I'll do it![]()
Poobaa mentions back on page 2 that he was able to start Firefox in fullscreen mode. Check out the following link he mentions in the post:
http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/autohide.htm
The info page has settings that show how.
Thanks,
Bob
to poobaa or anyone else that knows this:
how do you start firefox in fullscreen mode?
Ghandalfar,
The link Poobaa provided also has an info page that reflects the following settings that can be used after the Autohide app is installed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After install make your settings:
Firefox: Tools=>Extensions=>Autohide=>Right-Click=>Options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start Browser in full screen mode:
Use "-fullscreen" as command line option for specific site:
-URL "http://www.google.com" -fullscreen
Or shutdown while in full screen mode
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disable "floating" menu:
user_pref("autohidefull.disfloat", true)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adjust menu delay (ms):
user_pref("autohidefull.delay", value)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope that helps,
Bob
thanks, these will make things so much easier
You figured it out already, but ya the plug-in and -fullscreen was used. I noticed that when I did this, I did lose the scroll bar, but maybe different versions fix that, or it is intended.
The ideas above would make this a really easy to work with idea, bookmarks.txt, homepage.txt, proxy.txt would have saved me some pain.
When I used this it was for a music festival, and the monitors that were given to me were different then the ones I had tested on, brining up a resolution menu, with a default, and time out would be nice, maybe resolutions.txt could be made?
Last but not least, I was never able to find, and replace the boot image, I created one, tried it in lots of different places, but nothing seemed to stick. So maybe bootimage.txt with a location of the boot image could be used.
Just my 2c
Thanks for the hard work Ghandalfar
oh you have to edit base/boot.img miniroot.gz I think
This is a really exciting project (for me). Whilst I have little experience with morphix, a light kiosk, bootable from CD would be a wonderful tool for our public library. Today, we basically try to restrict people to this functionality on fully equiped PC's for our online catalog.
To those working on it, I'd like to add one request--a configurable way to setup network printers.
I'll be excitedly watching the progress of this project.
automatic detection of cups printers isn't ok?

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00