-
It probably is--but I'd like to be able to fine tune the list, since we have a number of printers that are detected by default, and I'd like to "guide" the public to the more logical printers on the subnet (i.e., NOT the one on a different floor).
If this presents a significant challenge, then please disregard the request in leiu of the others (which are more important to me too), but I thought I'd through it into the mix.
Thanks!
-
Hi all,
i've just tested morphix firefox, and i got to admit, it's a great distro.
i'd just like to add something to the wishlist : flash plugin would be great.
by the way, are you alone working on this distro Ghandalfar? If yes contact me if you accept some help, i'm really interested in this project.
gregory at icilalune dot com
-
Senior Member
registered user
it's being autobuilt using ibuild so modularity is there ..
find me in #morphix at freenode and we can have a little chat about it. I'd be happy to have someone to help me.
I have to do some school work until tuesday, after that I'll have time to do all those things written before.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.6 & Kiosk
Hi,
I've added preliminary kiosk mode support to Knoppix 3.6.
Try booting with:
"knoppix desktop=kiosk url=http://www.mywebsite.com"
cu
Fabian
-
Great addition, Fabian
Any switches with it, or what file would be modified to have the location bar included?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Rixel
Great addition, Fabian
Any switches with it, or what file would be modified to have the location bar included?
Thanks!
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession does the kiosk setup.
Btw. thanks goes to Kyle Ranking and the "Knoppix Hacks" book. I have got some ideas and the "do it now" from it.
Kyle does also outline how to build a kiosk so the idea is basically from him, but I got permission to use it in Knoppix.
cu
Fabian
-
Kick me for being stupid or ..
Fabianx,
When you say you added it to KNOPPIX 3.6 I don't quite understand. I have been working with V3.6-2004-08-16-en. That release is still on the mirrors and it doesn't have those switches (how could it, I downloaded my copy last month).
Where can I download KNOPPIX 3.6 with your kiosk support and what is it called?
Thanks, Steve
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Steve F
Kick me for being stupid or ..
When you say you added it to KNOPPIX 3.6 I don't quite understand. I have been working with V3.6-2004-08-16-en. That release is still on the mirrors and it doesn't have those switches (how could it, I downloaded my copy last month).
It has kiosk support.
Have you tried to boot with it. What did happen?
And I mean it has worked for Rixel or didn't it?
cu
Fabian
-
Oh!
No, I looked in the knoppix-cheatcodes.txt on my V3.6 CD and didn't find any mention so I assumed you had just added these codes within the last few days.
One of the things I like about this business is my ego never gets a chance to become larger than my humility.
Thank you Fabianx for your polite reply,
Steve
-
Okay, I like it so far. I was still able to break out by viewing source, edit, open a file or website. I'll look at prefs.js stuff in mozilla and adjust my remaster.
I wasn't able to use url=http://some.website.com . When I look in the $HOME/kiosk.html file created from 45xsession script I can see it is written but the line, window.open("","", ... doesn't have my url as the first parameter; just empty string. This is my first time looking at scripts like this but the code seemed consistent with other desktop modes in the same script. I specified the parameter in my lilo, on the HD boot command line and also from booting the original 3.6 CD. I can always get kiosk mode but never the url I specified. I am not quoting the string or anything, just: desktop=kiosk url=http://the.websiteIwant.com . No trailing slash (The period between com and No is the end of my sentence, not part of the argument).
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
-
By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By Eero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 30
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$60.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

DAMAGED Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$40.00