Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 251

Thread: Is there a knoppix Web Kiosk?

  1. #141
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    11
    davea0511: ther are no big changes on kernel level so I am afraid that it will not work now it it didn't work on previous version of Stallion. I will do some more research on that issue but slight problem is that I don't have any touchscreen device to test it

    However, I already prepared fixed version of Stallion with keyboard problem solved. It will take few hours to upload it to the server due to my slow uplink. You will be noticed, when it will be ready.

  2. #142
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    I fixed ibuild to be able to use Morphix 0.5-pre4 so I hope skrat will release next version with that Morphix base.

  3. #143
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by davea0511
    Awsome! Before I try it, can you tell me if you know whether they included the Linux driver for the touch screen add-on I previously requested in this thread? (Linux driver his here: http://www.enablemart.com/productdet...id=329&dept=21)
    If not, how does a linux newbie like myself add this driver?
    Quote Originally Posted by skrat
    davea0511: ther are no big changes on kernel level so I am afraid that it will not work now it it didn't work on previous version of Stallion. I will do some more research on that issue but slight problem is that I don't have any touchscreen device to test it
    According to the manufacturer of Magic Touch, http://www.magictouch.com/addon.html, Linux is supported. This page http://www.magictouch.com/install_addon_monitor.html is the manufacturer's install guide for the touch screen. At the bottom of that page it tells you to Controller & Driver Installation to continue with the setup. On that page there is a link to download the drivers http://www.magictouch.com/login.html. On that page I choose either USB-X Controller or ProE-X Controller, and they both link to a ZIP file with a Linux driver. According to the readme.txt file, This driver is compatible with RedHat Linux 9.0 under XFree86 v4.2.X. Unless I am reading it wrong, it does not have anything to do with the kernel but instead is a binary driver for XFree86. The problem with a binary driver is that it may only work for 4.2.x and not 4.3.x that Debian & Knoppix & probably Morphix uses.

    The website that you mentioned has a 30 day money back guarantee, so if was daring & had the money, I would buy the touch screen, download RH9.0 and try it out & make sure it works. Then either use morphix, knoppix or debian & see if I could get it to work with that.
    Please let us know if you intend to move forward with this as I would love to know if it works.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  4. #144
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    skrat and Underscore:

    Thanks for the info...

    Since XFREE86 v4.3 has been around for quite some time in all distros I figured the XFREE86 v4.2 compatible driver driver that they're still providing would work, so I already bought the touchscreen and have it right here on-hand ready to test.

    My problem is this: I don't know enough about linux to even know how to install the driver (like where do I even put it, and what files do I need to edit to get Morphix/knoppix to load it - or is there alot more involved - I know, my newbie-ism is painfully glaring, I apologize).

    If you can provide directions for a newbie like me on how to install their driver (or at least point me in the right direction) I'll do what I can night and day to try to make it work, because I'm already in hot water for being overdue on this project.

    Much thanks!
    -Dave

  5. #145
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by davea0511
    If you can provide directions for a newbie like me on how to install their driver (or at least point me in the right direction)
    You have a private message.

  6. #146
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4

    Stallion saves my day!!

    The Stallion release Rules!

    All i need to know now is how to setup:
    1. Homepage
    2. Proxy IP
    3. Background Image
    4. BrowserBar image

  7. #147
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    11
    Hi all!

    After slight problems with matchbox and iBuild I finally prepared bug-fixed version of Stallion. I just replaced old stallion2.iso while the only change is keyboard setting from Slovenian back to English.

    New iso is now compressed what was also my fault with previous release and is much smaller now. I appologize to all of you who spend way too much time/bandwidth to download previous uncompressed iso.

    New MD5SUM: 166d15bd292417e1ce78e1b97b45c946

  8. #148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4

    Where is it?

    Where can i DL the new release?

    http://sigma.livecd.net/~skrat/stallion2.iso doesnt work....

  9. #149
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Where is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Where can i DL the new release?
    http://sigma.livecd.net/~skrat/stallion2.iso doesnt work....
    It doesn't work? Hmmmm ... my download finished 16 minutes before your post & I verified the md5sum.

  10. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4
    Yupp, works for me to now. Maybe the server has a dl limit....

    Anyways the ISO works fine, though i thought this version would be the one where ctrl+alt+fn was diasbled.....

    But as they say, he who waits.........

    Regards Janne

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix for kiosk, how?
    By pinoylinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
  2. Kiosk Hardware
    By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
  3. hd-installed knoppix with kiosk mode twm
    By Eero in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
  4. Kiosk
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
  5. Kiosk Knoppix for public libraries.
    By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T480 Laptop Intel Core i5 8350U 1.7GHz 8GB 256GB SSD W11P Touch picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T480 Laptop Intel Core i5 8350U 1.7GHz 8GB 256GB SSD W11P Touch

$134.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675) picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)

$125.96



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Grade A Dell OptiPlex 3050 Mini PC Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Desktop picture

Grade A Dell OptiPlex 3050 Mini PC Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Desktop

$189.99