Awesome, Skrat! I can't wait to try it (and pray it will work on my Abit NF7 motherboard - or I might need to buy a different motherboard).
The iso of LiveInfo with the kernel 2.6 is now also available.
http://sigma.livecd.net/~skrat/LiveInfo-2.6.iso [ISO IS TEMPORARRY REMOVED -- edit 18.2. 01.10 GMT+ 1]
And MD5 sums for both files:
LiveInfo-2.4.iso 8987109d783f9050890c05ff5ceecc86
LiveInfo-2.6.iso e66ece9469c0fb2b7ca2bd099d8bb138
Awesome, Skrat! I can't wait to try it (and pray it will work on my Abit NF7 motherboard - or I might need to buy a different motherboard).
Please, do not use LiveInfo with 2.6 kernel while it turned out, that is still buggy. The link to iso image was also removed.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
I'm looking for someone who can help me create a custom Firefox LiveCD.
Thanks.
Great Job Guys!
The only thing I was not able to get to work was the prefs.js file. Mine contained a single line, see below, and was placed in the usersettings\firefox directory. As a work around replaced the index.html file in usersettings\www with a new one that contained a meta refresh tag.
user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://mysite.mycompany.com");
Thanks,
Bob
oitsubob: amm... maybe there is really missing a howto for customization and a little bit self-explainable README files... :/
1. If you want to change prefs.js, the idea was to take original prefs.js from /usersettings/examples/firefox/.mozilla/firefox/.../prefs.js
2. Unfortunatly I just figured out that a script has a bug, so my suggestion would be as follows:
- take .mozilla/ folder from /usersettings/examples/firefox/ (copy it from CD somwhere locally)
- edit prefs.js inside .mozilla/firefox/.../prefs.js
- put whole .mozilla/ folder back on CD into /usersettings/firefox/
That should work, I hope!
I'll give it a shot! I guess I misunderstood the read-me file. I copied it over and deleted everything else but the home page option
Thanks,
Bob
I just built a new pc specificlly for Stallion 2 but the darn thing wont boot off my cd. I've had the same problems on other machines. Anyone know what I need to do inorder to get it to boot? change config files? boot loader? anything?
does the 2.6 infopoint boot?
if you mean the LiveInfo cd, I dont know, I havent downloaded it. but if it helps, the firefox live cd(vff4.iso doesnt boot also. Knoppix and Morphix boots fine though.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00