-
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
#211

Originally Posted by
Ghandalfar
does the 2.6 infopoint boot?
LiveInfo 2.6 did boot on my machine - the same machine that wouldn't boot Stallion1 nor Stallion2 nor vff4.iso.
This week's project for me is to customize LiveInfo for my own use (get it to boot automatically to index.html located on a flash drive).
-
02-22-2005, 08:51 PM
#212
Junior Member
registered user
After while still no luck ...I have posted about problem hopeing someone has had same problem and can give give solutioni to problem.
After remastering Knoppix. Meaning I have created a KIOSK CD. The cd when inserted into cdrom and booted up boots immediatly into kiosk mode.
The problem is ..that the remastered kiosk cd only works on that machine I used to create the kiosk cd.
If I take the cd to other computers in office I get an error while it boots up. The error message is :
ERROR: No suitable X-server found for your card.
I used the knoppix hacks book and hints on this forum to create this kiosk.
Anyone else come across this problem? And solution?
-
02-22-2005, 10:59 PM
#213
Making Stallion2 cd boot.
Regarding the issue I had about booting up the Stallion2 cd on certain computers, I was able to fix it.
I used Nero to re-burn the cd using the boot cd option in Nero.
I pointed to the boot.img file from the stallion2 cd as the boot image.
then dragged all of the Stallion2 cd contents and burned it.
some of the options I selected was emulate 2.88MB floppy disk. The boot.img is larger then 1.44 so I dont think if emulating a 1.44 floppy would work.
-
02-23-2005, 02:23 AM
#214
Junior Member
registered user
Skrat,
Just an FYI, it worked to copy the whole .mozilla directory over to usersettings\firefox. Thanks for the tip!
Bob
-
02-23-2005, 04:27 PM
#215
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Making Stallion2 cd boot.

Originally Posted by
Quarky
I used Nero to re-burn the cd using the boot cd option in Nero.
I pointed to the boot.img file from the stallion2 cd as the boot image.
First indications are that this works for me too...
-
02-24-2005, 06:28 PM
#216
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Making Stallion2 cd boot.

Originally Posted by
Quarky
I used Nero to re-burn the cd using the boot cd option in Nero.
I pointed to the boot.img file from the stallion2 cd as the boot image.
Yep it works on other machines as well. Looks like an issue with the mastering of the ISO. I guess it's trying to get a 2.88 mb file to emulate a 1.44 mb floppy. Some Bios es work it out others dont...
-
02-24-2005, 06:35 PM
#217
Junior Member
registered user
I burned my LiveInfo disc with Nero 6 in multi-session mode. After burning the original ISO, I added my changes to the usersettings directory and closed it out. I haven't yet been able to create my own ISO image using the methods above so I essentially have to "start over" even if I need to make a simple change.
Bob
-
02-24-2005, 07:01 PM
#218
Senior Member
registered user
How about just using multiple multisessions?
-
02-25-2005, 04:19 PM
#219
Display Address Bar in LiveInfo 2.4 CD
I have got the LiveInfo CD and customised the firefox settings in prefs.js to access our proxy and internet. Great!
But now I would like to be able to display the address bar for users to type the web address in directly, as opposed to haveing to do a search on google even if they know the web address. The navigation bar would also be nice. Anyone know which settings i nedd to set to display these in LiveInfo CD.
I have tried Stallion, which actually was ideal, but could not work out how to access the firefox files to set the web proxy settings?
Hope someone can help...
-
02-25-2005, 04:44 PM
#220
Junior Member
registered user
Skrat mentioned in his post that announced the LiveInfo CD (page 20) that they will soon be releasing a new version of Stallion with the same customization options as LiveInfo.
Bob
Similar Threads
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
-
By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By Eero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 30
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99