-
Only Firefox-1.iso and Firefox3.iso will boot
Gandalfar-
I always get a non-system disk error whenever I try to boot Stallion1.iso, Stallion2.iso, or VFF4.iso on my new Abit VF7 motherboard (other computers boot them fine though). Firefox3.iso and Firefox-1.iso (your old versions) boot just fine on this motherboard so it's not the motherboard (and I've tried a bunch of other LiveCDs too with no problem). I've made dozens of coasters, tried the lowest record speed (4X), different CD media, different CD recorders, and even swapped CD-ROMs but I still can't make the 3 newer iso's work (Stallion1.iso, Stallion2.iso, or VFF4.iso).
Others have also mentioned problems booting with the newer iso's when your first released Stallion1.iso.
Any idea what changed from Firefox3.iso to Stallion1.iso? It looks like you're using the same boot-loader for everything, yes? (I heard somewhere that going from syslinux to isolinux was causing similar problems with the DSL distro on some machines)
Thanks!
Dave
Similar Threads
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
-
By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By Eero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 30
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD Socket AM4 DDR4 4-Slot Gaming HDMI DVI
$60.00

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00