Having printer support and xpdf would make this image perfect for me. I'd rather not bother you with the task of making my perfect kiosk CD. Is this as simple as putting the Cups and xpdf packages in /deb?
Hi Ghandalfar
I really like your CD, well done!!
Do you know how I can stop the monitor from going into power save?
Thanks
Having printer support and xpdf would make this image perfect for me. I'd rather not bother you with the task of making my perfect kiosk CD. Is this as simple as putting the Cups and xpdf packages in /deb?
version2 had built-in cups autodetection support and acroread I thinkOriginally Posted by clmoxley
version3 doesn't since I didn't see enough interest.
If you want you can drop me a mail with more precise specs (homepage, and such) and I'll create an iso for you.
I'd warn against just dropping things into deb/ since patches for xprint and cups are a bit more complex than this. Sadly.
@Ghandalfar:
Thank you for your great work!
But standard Acrobat and printer Support would be great! May you publish a generic iso-file?
Additional Question: How can i change the keyboard layout in swiss german?
Adding GAIM to the task bar would be cool. Or some other chat client program. Also, anyway of to get rid of the Firefox prompts asking if you want to store your password? and possibly disable all other prompts...just kinda annoying. I think to make it idiot proof for the user, less distractions and messages...the better.
thomasruch: generic iso file?
Warpath: sure. Yet it will be different cd.
HI there Ghandalfar..
This bootable browser is exactly what our school needed!
Awsome work !!!!
Do you know how to get rid of the "full screen / optons" button?
...so I can stop the little critters from "playing"
Already working on this.
Screenshot of interface of next version:
I'll be making also version with GAIM and Thunderbird included (those will have panel on the bottom).
I welcome comments about this new GUI.
This is a great implimentation. Here are a few observations on what I saw when I tested it:
First of all, I have had to use cheat codes on recent versions on Knoppix to even boot. If I boot Knoppix without "knoppix noscsi acpi=off", I just hang with a blank screen. This CD does not need cheat codes (to boot, but see below). This leads me to question, is this actually Knoppix? If so is it based on a recent Knoppix or an older one? And if it is based on a recent Knoppix, does anyone have any idea why it boots on my HP laptop but normal Knoppix does not, and if the change can and should be carried back to normal Knoppix?
Second, as I documented in a couple of threads in the Networking forum, Knoppix used to access the Internet just fine on my laptop, but the very same working CD stopped accessing the Internet. This seemed to happen right after I installed a Windows "security update". A few others have seen this too. I have a work around for Knoppix that involves resetting the NIC and rerunning netcardconfig. I take it there is no way I could do that with this version (which also has the networking problem on boot), since this is intended to be a kiosk type operation, but if I'm wrong about that please let me know.
It's not knoppix. It's morphix.
I'm also working on Knoppix version for exactly the same reason - better hardware support.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95