-
Yes
Disabling Ctrl-Alt-Fn. Would be a very good idea.
I built a kiosk station from Suse Linux. Here are a few steps I took:
Disable Ctrl-Alt-FN. (I left one open, just in case)
Set Grub boot menu to load in 0 seconds.
I disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del. You could disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. I left
mine on just in case the GUI got locked. But since these distro's boot off
the CD then you don't really care about the FileSystem so disabling
Ctrl-Alt-BkSp would be ok. Then they would just need to reboot the
kiosk. I also locked down firefox as tight as I can. No right clicks,
no printing, they can't change anything except the address in the address
bar. Even then we don't let them browse off campus.
I set this up about 6 months ago and I was searching high/low for a bootable,
cd kiosk. Since I didn't find one I decided to build my own. The down side is that
I lost one of the partitions once when the power went out. If it was a cd I wouldn't have had that problem. But, (one more thing i'm doing) I tarred up the
home directory when I was finished. so on each reboot I delete the homedir and
recreate it. This just keeps things clean.
BB
Similar Threads
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
-
By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By Eero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 30
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink Touchscreen
$99.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

Lot of 10 Cisco CP-8841-K9 IP VoIP Phones w/ Handsets & Stands
$199.00

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Yealink Prime Business Phone T54WB
$70.00