Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 251

Thread: Is there a knoppix Web Kiosk?

  1. #201
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    11
    The iso of LiveInfo with the kernel 2.6 is now also available.

    http://sigma.livecd.net/~skrat/LiveInfo-2.6.iso [ISO IS TEMPORARRY REMOVED -- edit 18.2. 01.10 GMT+ 1]

    And MD5 sums for both files:

    LiveInfo-2.4.iso 8987109d783f9050890c05ff5ceecc86
    LiveInfo-2.6.iso e66ece9469c0fb2b7ca2bd099d8bb138

  2. #202
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    Awesome, Skrat! I can't wait to try it (and pray it will work on my Abit NF7 motherboard - or I might need to buy a different motherboard).

  3. #203
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    11
    Please, do not use LiveInfo with 2.6 kernel while it turned out, that is still buggy. The link to iso image was also removed.

    Sorry for the inconvenience!

  4. #204

    Looking for help in creating a custom Firefox LiveCD

    I'm looking for someone who can help me create a custom Firefox LiveCD.

    Thanks.

  5. #205
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21
    Great Job Guys!
    The only thing I was not able to get to work was the prefs.js file. Mine contained a single line, see below, and was placed in the usersettings\firefox directory. As a work around replaced the index.html file in usersettings\www with a new one that contained a meta refresh tag.

    user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://mysite.mycompany.com");

    Thanks,

    Bob

  6. #206
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    11
    oitsubob: amm... maybe there is really missing a howto for customization and a little bit self-explainable README files... :/

    1. If you want to change prefs.js, the idea was to take original prefs.js from /usersettings/examples/firefox/.mozilla/firefox/.../prefs.js

    2. Unfortunatly I just figured out that a script has a bug, so my suggestion would be as follows:
    - take .mozilla/ folder from /usersettings/examples/firefox/ (copy it from CD somwhere locally)
    - edit prefs.js inside .mozilla/firefox/.../prefs.js
    - put whole .mozilla/ folder back on CD into /usersettings/firefox/

    That should work, I hope!

  7. #207
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21
    I'll give it a shot! I guess I misunderstood the read-me file. I copied it over and deleted everything else but the home page option

    Thanks,

    Bob

  8. #208
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4

    stallion2 still wont boot

    I just built a new pc specificlly for Stallion 2 but the darn thing wont boot off my cd. I've had the same problems on other machines. Anyone know what I need to do inorder to get it to boot? change config files? boot loader? anything?

  9. #209
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    does the 2.6 infopoint boot?

  10. #210
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4
    if you mean the LiveInfo cd, I dont know, I havent downloaded it. but if it helps, the firefox live cd(vff4.iso doesnt boot also. Knoppix and Morphix boots fine though.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix for kiosk, how?
    By pinoylinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
  2. Kiosk Hardware
    By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
  3. hd-installed knoppix with kiosk mode twm
    By Eero in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
  4. Kiosk
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
  5. Kiosk Knoppix for public libraries.
    By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99