Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 251

Thread: Is there a knoppix Web Kiosk?

  1. #211
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalfar
    does the 2.6 infopoint boot?
    LiveInfo 2.6 did boot on my machine - the same machine that wouldn't boot Stallion1 nor Stallion2 nor vff4.iso.

    This week's project for me is to customize LiveInfo for my own use (get it to boot automatically to index.html located on a flash drive).

  2. #212
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10
    After while still no luck ...I have posted about problem hopeing someone has had same problem and can give give solutioni to problem.

    After remastering Knoppix. Meaning I have created a KIOSK CD. The cd when inserted into cdrom and booted up boots immediatly into kiosk mode.

    The problem is ..that the remastered kiosk cd only works on that machine I used to create the kiosk cd.

    If I take the cd to other computers in office I get an error while it boots up. The error message is :

    ERROR: No suitable X-server found for your card.

    I used the knoppix hacks book and hints on this forum to create this kiosk.

    Anyone else come across this problem? And solution?

  3. #213
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4

    Making Stallion2 cd boot.

    Regarding the issue I had about booting up the Stallion2 cd on certain computers, I was able to fix it.

    I used Nero to re-burn the cd using the boot cd option in Nero.

    I pointed to the boot.img file from the stallion2 cd as the boot image.

    then dragged all of the Stallion2 cd contents and burned it.

    some of the options I selected was emulate 2.88MB floppy disk. The boot.img is larger then 1.44 so I dont think if emulating a 1.44 floppy would work.

  4. #214
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21
    Skrat,
    Just an FYI, it worked to copy the whole .mozilla directory over to usersettings\firefox. Thanks for the tip!

    Bob

  5. #215
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11

    Re: Making Stallion2 cd boot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky
    I used Nero to re-burn the cd using the boot cd option in Nero.

    I pointed to the boot.img file from the stallion2 cd as the boot image.
    First indications are that this works for me too...

  6. #216
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11

    Re: Making Stallion2 cd boot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky
    I used Nero to re-burn the cd using the boot cd option in Nero.

    I pointed to the boot.img file from the stallion2 cd as the boot image.
    Yep it works on other machines as well. Looks like an issue with the mastering of the ISO. I guess it's trying to get a 2.88 mb file to emulate a 1.44 mb floppy. Some Bios es work it out others dont...

  7. #217
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21
    I burned my LiveInfo disc with Nero 6 in multi-session mode. After burning the original ISO, I added my changes to the usersettings directory and closed it out. I haven't yet been able to create my own ISO image using the methods above so I essentially have to "start over" even if I need to make a simple change.

    Bob

  8. #218
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    How about just using multiple multisessions?

  9. #219
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    Display Address Bar in LiveInfo 2.4 CD

    I have got the LiveInfo CD and customised the firefox settings in prefs.js to access our proxy and internet. Great!

    But now I would like to be able to display the address bar for users to type the web address in directly, as opposed to haveing to do a search on google even if they know the web address. The navigation bar would also be nice. Anyone know which settings i nedd to set to display these in LiveInfo CD.

    I have tried Stallion, which actually was ideal, but could not work out how to access the firefox files to set the web proxy settings?

    Hope someone can help...

  10. #220
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21
    Skrat mentioned in his post that announced the LiveInfo CD (page 20) that they will soon be releasing a new version of Stallion with the same customization options as LiveInfo.

    Bob

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix for kiosk, how?
    By pinoylinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
  2. Kiosk Hardware
    By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
  3. hd-installed knoppix with kiosk mode twm
    By Eero in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
  4. Kiosk
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
  5. Kiosk Knoppix for public libraries.
    By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62