Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: more trouble booting knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    more trouble booting knoppix

    I'm new to all this, I've read some other members' comments about problems with some graphics boards not being recognised by Knoppix. I run a Packard Bell imedia 5267 ("commiserations," I hear you all cry as one!). When I leave Knoppix to do its own thing, the monitor goes out of range, and tells me to switch to 1024x768, 60HZ. It sounds like things are happening, but I can't see what. I've tried failsafe mode and also things like fb1024x768 and knoppix xmodule=nv, but to no avail! I don't even know what graphics card the machie has, but I guess it's a NVidia board, as most PB machines have these.
    Somebody, PLEASE help me!
    edc

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in failsafe mode, it thinks for a while and tells me:
    retrying with Server Xfree86(vesa)
    retrying with Server Xfree86(fbdev)
    Error : no suitable X-Server found for your card.
    And our brief foray into Knoppix comes to an end.
    Aack!

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting Knoppix v3.8.2-2005.05.05EN
    By Miles_Teg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
  2. Trouble Booting Knoppix
    By skartel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
  3. Trouble booting Knoppix in Win XP
    By Joe_Smith in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Trouble booting Knoppix
    By chuckywang in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
  5. trouble booting a knoppix CD
    By Jared in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good picture

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good

$39.99



Core i3-10105F 4-Core Comet Lake Processor 3.70GHz 8GT/s 6MB LGA 1200 CPU Tray picture

Core i3-10105F 4-Core Comet Lake Processor 3.70GHz 8GT/s 6MB LGA 1200 CPU Tray

$79.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$179.99