Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: more trouble booting knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    more trouble booting knoppix

    I'm new to all this, I've read some other members' comments about problems with some graphics boards not being recognised by Knoppix. I run a Packard Bell imedia 5267 ("commiserations," I hear you all cry as one!). When I leave Knoppix to do its own thing, the monitor goes out of range, and tells me to switch to 1024x768, 60HZ. It sounds like things are happening, but I can't see what. I've tried failsafe mode and also things like fb1024x768 and knoppix xmodule=nv, but to no avail! I don't even know what graphics card the machie has, but I guess it's a NVidia board, as most PB machines have these.
    Somebody, PLEASE help me!
    edc

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in failsafe mode, it thinks for a while and tells me:
    retrying with Server Xfree86(vesa)
    retrying with Server Xfree86(fbdev)
    Error : no suitable X-Server found for your card.
    And our brief foray into Knoppix comes to an end.
    Aack!

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting Knoppix v3.8.2-2005.05.05EN
    By Miles_Teg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
  2. Trouble Booting Knoppix
    By skartel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
  3. Trouble booting Knoppix in Win XP
    By Joe_Smith in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Trouble booting Knoppix
    By chuckywang in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
  5. trouble booting a knoppix CD
    By Jared in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM picture

Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM

$70.00



Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM picture

Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM

$379.99



RDIMM MICRON  DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks  5600 RAM picture

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM

$449.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



LOT OF 5 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM 80GB Hynix Samsung 2133 2400 2666 UDIMM RDIMM picture

LOT OF 5 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM 80GB Hynix Samsung 2133 2400 2666 UDIMM RDIMM

$399.99



*LOT OF 16* Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM Server RAM MTA18ASF2G72PD7-3G2E1UI  picture

*LOT OF 16* Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM Server RAM MTA18ASF2G72PD7-3G2E1UI

$1499.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM picture

Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM

$79.95