Did you change directory to the cdrom? I know it sounds obvious, but I've tried it before. You can't umount the cdrom if you've cd'ed into it's directory structure. As root, tryHope this helps,Code:cd / umount /dev/cdrom
BR
Hi everybody
I have this "funny" problem with my cdrom. I can mount and view any cd but when I try to umount the cd from the cdrom, I keep getting "Device Resouce busy"
I have tried as root the following:
umount cdrom
umount /cdrom
umount -f /cdrom
umount -n /cdrom
I have the same result "device is busy" for all of this commands
Did you change directory to the cdrom? I know it sounds obvious, but I've tried it before. You can't umount the cdrom if you've cd'ed into it's directory structure. As root, tryHope this helps,Code:cd / umount /dev/cdrom
BR
BR, thanks for your response. However, I have tried to change directory and issued the command from root directory (/) with the same result "Device Busy"
Any other idea, anybody?
Alfredo
Someting still has the cdrom directory open. If you have a file manager open or an app that is accessing the cdrom drive it won't umount.
Try this:
mount
Where is the drive mounted? Should be on /cdrom but you never know. You can umount the device itself or the mount point.
umount /cdrom
umount /dev/cdrom
umount /dev/hdb
shut any app that might use/view/access files on the hdd. konqueror...
ok, I issued the comand "mount" and I get the following:
"/dev/cdrom on /cdrom type iso9660 (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,nohide)"
Also, on my gnome desktop there is a cdrom icon with the name of my cd
I tried the command you mention but again the same result "device busy"
more ideas?
Thanks
Try the "lazy" command: umount -l /cdrom (that's an "el" not a "one")

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID
$199.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99