You could tryThat will put lisa into the rc. folders for starting up at boot.Code:update-rc.d lisa defaults
HTH,
Durand
My newbie question: How do I make lisa run automatically upon startup?
I trying to get my Linux box to communicate with my Windows machines. I've had success using LinNeighborhood to detect and mount Windows shares, but ONLY after manually running "lisa". Otherwise, LinNeighborhood complains that the lisa daemon isn't running.
Do I need to manually edit some sort of run level 5 script, or something?
Thanks for any help!
You could tryThat will put lisa into the rc. folders for starting up at boot.Code:update-rc.d lisa defaults
HTH,
Durand
it sure put something somewhere.....You could try
Code:
update-rc.d lisa defaults
That will put lisa into the rc. folders for starting up at boot.
hmmm, i haven't rebooted yet, bare with me.....
I went back to my folder what needs sharing, and pressed the config button, still nothing.
I'll try rebooting.....
use space button to turn things on and off at boot up. and tab to exit.Code:sudo rcconf
hmmmm.....
su
password:
sudo rcconf
sudo: rcconf: command not found.........
NEXT!?......
(thanx for trying)
when in doubt check apt-cacheCode:apt-get install rcconf
you dont need to su then sudo. sudo is just a replacement for su so you can do admintasks much quicker.
when in doubt, and when one knows,... then....![]()
when a newbie, i know nothing about rcconf, or apt-get or K(anything)![]()
thass why we is asking![]()
Do it this way;
or alternatively you can do this as well:Code:sudo su update-rc.d lisa defaults /etc/init.d/lisa start exit
Both commands will put the startup scripts for lisa into the runlevel folders, but the second suggestion will also start lisa in one shot.Code:sudo su dpkg-reconfigure lisa exit

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72