-
Video related knoppix problem
Alright well I have the knoppix std cd and I popped it into my other pc (which has basically the same specs as this one) and it was great. I came here today and popped the cd in, It went to the boot screen like normal (See image = http://www.conspiracyband.net/Pliskit/knop1.JPG ) then once it was done the screen went black. The light on my monitor was flashing between orange and green, it is always steady orange when its on. I flipped it off and then on and the screen looked like this and was all shakey (see image = http://www.conspiracyband.net/Pliskit/knop2.JPG ). So then I decided to reboot except I accidentally pretty the power button and then I saw the desktop (see image = http://www.conspiracyband.net/Pliskit/knop3.JPG ), after about 2-3 seconds it went back to the shakey one from before.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Video related knoppix problem

Originally Posted by
Pliskit
Alright well I have the knoppix std cd and I popped it into my other pc (which has basically the same specs as this one)
That doesn't tell us much now does it? 
What graphics card? Same in both boxes? Have you tried switching monitors? You may need to pass Knoppix some boot time parameters. Look at the cheat codes in the Docs section.
-
Well I didn't list the specs because I am lazy.
Its an amd athlon 1600+ xp, 256 mb ram (yea I need more), I bought it to replace a dying dinosaur pc I had before so I just got all the on board stuff to get me by so there no special cards or anything in it.
One of my friends seems to think it might have something to do with sync and my 1997 monitor.... Which could make sense. the machine I was running it on before is an AMD athlon 1600+ xp 512 mb ram, gforce 2 video and a 17 inch flatscreen.
Similar Threads
-
By MannyLNJ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By johngvqa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By davegod75 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By Treppiede in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00