-
Hardware detection
Hello,
I want to know how can I get KNOPPIX/Morphix hardware autodetection (which is very cool) inside a standard Debian 3 installation. I tried Knoppix and detected ok the soundcard (VIA AC97), but Debian didn't do it. I tried the following packages:
-discover
-kudzu
-hotplug
-sndconfig
and nothing. Sndconfig can't communicate with the audio device.
I am going to try to compile the driver's sources, and see what it can do, but first I would like to know where can I download the "package" that Knoppix has...
Thanks.
Juan
-
Senior Member
registered user
For starters, there's the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig init script. but I'm not sure what else that script may require to work properly.
Also, knoppix's autoconfig routine will not allow you to install a third party video driver. If you run it everytime you boot, it will reconfigure XF86 to use a standard driver which may not have 3d hardware acceleration. So there might be parts of the script that should be disabled if you wanted to add it to youtr default runlevel.
Similar Threads
-
By tricky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 23
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
-
By sharkn in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 04:23 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
-
By Christer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case
$99.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59