Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help: Epson 1650 Scanner

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Posts
    21

    Help: Epson 1650 Scanner

    I'm a very newbie. I do have my Knoppix 3.3 installed on a dedicated hd (hdc1). My desktop works and looks great. I installed my Canon i560 with the Turboprint software. It works great. The only thing I need to do before I can trash Windows XP and go completely, is install my Epson 1650 scanner and some kind of linux photo copying program. Is there anyone in this group who can give basic instructions (for a newbie to linuz) to install my 1650 and software? I would appreciate any and all help. I had to install Knoppix five times on the hard drive before I got it right. So, you can see, not only am I a newbie but a dummy too!
    Respectfully,
    Jesse ([email protected])

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    I have one (USB) and it works greatt. You should check out this link:
    http://www.freecolormanagement.com/sane/index.html

    I use mine with Xsane, a program that you can get by downloading:

    Code:
    apt-get -t unstable install xsane
    You might also like to try the gimp, a graphics package:

    Code:
    apt-get -t unstable install gimp
    HTH

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Posts
    21
    Rusty, thanks for the information. Hopefully,
    I can get it to work.

    Jesse

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot print - EPSON C60
    By andys in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 08:08 PM
  2. I can't install Epson LX-300 printer
    By Dennis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:46 PM
  3. Printer Problems with 3.6 and Epson C70
    By Nadrach in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:41 AM
  4. Epson 1650 scanner probs
    By Jesse in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 04:17 AM
  5. Config USB printer (Epson 880)
    By chada in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1 picture

Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1

$75.00



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99