Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: x-windows with Tohiba Tecra M1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3

    x-windows with Tohiba Tecra M1

    Hi,

    I can not get my X-windows working Tohiba Tecra M1 running Windows 2000 SP4 using Knoppix v3.3.

    I tried booting with these parameters "knoppix fb1024x768 dma screen=1024x768" with no success.

    The Display setting on Windows 2000 is 1024x768 and adapter is Trident Video Accelerator Cyber-XP4 with memory size of 32MB.

    When starting Knoppix I don't see any error. The X-windows start fine but I can not see any thing.

    Any help will be very appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    72
    Something I had to do with my Toshiba Satellite is use the noddc switch.

    What I do is

    knoppix screen=800x600 noddc

    I also add in a noscsi, noapm, but that's just personal preference.
    DDC is the detection of the monitor. I had a problem where 3.3 would try to detect the monitor, and then default to a 640x480 mode, which makes the letters look AWFUL.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12
    I got it to work using the following command at the CD boot prompt (without the 'KNOPPIX' as a command!):

    fb1024x768 screen=1024x768


    Cheers,
    TorBu

Similar Threads

  1. USB Floppy on Tecra S1 will not work
    By rolelael in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
  2. tecra 8000 - sound on version 3.8.1
    By ntsc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM
  3. Tecra M1 colours
    By thewyzewun in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:33 AM
  4. Tohiba tecra M1 problem with display "KDE"
    By itsd2001 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. x-windows with Tohiba Tecra
    By itsd2001 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99