-
x-windows with Tohiba Tecra M1
Hi,
I can not get my X-windows working Tohiba Tecra M1 running Windows 2000 SP4 using Knoppix v3.3.
I tried booting with these parameters "knoppix fb1024x768 dma screen=1024x768" with no success.
The Display setting on Windows 2000 is 1024x768 and adapter is Trident Video Accelerator Cyber-XP4 with memory size of 32MB.
When starting Knoppix I don't see any error. The X-windows start fine but I can not see any thing.
Any help will be very appreciated.
Thanks
-
Something I had to do with my Toshiba Satellite is use the noddc switch.
What I do is
knoppix screen=800x600 noddc
I also add in a noscsi, noapm, but that's just personal preference.
DDC is the detection of the monitor. I had a problem where 3.3 would try to detect the monitor, and then default to a 640x480 mode, which makes the letters look AWFUL.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I got it to work using the following command at the CD boot prompt (without the 'KNOPPIX' as a command!):
fb1024x768 screen=1024x768
Cheers,
TorBu
Similar Threads
-
By rolelael in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM
-
By thewyzewun in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:33 AM
-
By itsd2001 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By itsd2001 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00