-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix Boot Stalls at Penguin
I just Downloaded and burnt the Knoppix 3.3 cd.
When i boot from it, a KNOPPIX splash comes up, a few lines come up but then it switches to a screen with a penguin on the top left and a cursor below it. The cursor disappears, and nothing more happens.
Any ideas ?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I've had a play around with the 'cheatcodes.' This information may help:
When I boot with code all goes well until it freezes at the line:
"scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices"
When I add "failsafe" it gets up to "Welcome to KNOPPIX" in multicoloured lettering, then stops at the next line:
"Looking for CDROM in /dev/hdb'expert'"
-
Junior Member
registered user
It's obviously something to do with the ide-scsi driver, because an earlier line reads:
hdb= attatched ide-scsi driver.
It always stops when doing something with the ide-scsi driver.
Any ideas anyone?
-
Senior Member
registered user
try noscsi cheatcode.
boot: knoppix noscsi
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yep I've tried that and it doesn't make any difference, though I think it should.
Also it's no the CD as it works fine on this comp
-
Senior Member
registered user
eeeh? do you have the iso on hdd? c:\ preferably. if yes do fromhd noscsi
-
Junior Member
registered user
No.
I also cant get it onto HD because after trying Knoppix Win98 won't start !!!!!!
Similar Threads
-
By Joren in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:04 PM
-
By drdjnicholls in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By a1an_g in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By chrsjav in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89