-
Junior Member
registered user
DistccPPCKnoppix
The following might be of interest to people working with Linux on PPC (e.g., Knoppix-PPC, Debian-PPC), too:
---
DistccPPCKnoppix is a Knoppix distribution that contains distcc servers for both Linux x86 and OSX ppc compiling. With it you can utilize your extra x86 computers to build Linux x86 and OSX PPC binaries.
After running across "Building a Darwin cross compiler for use with distcc and fink" and "HOWTO: Use Gentoo Distcc Host to cross-compile for OSX" I quickly set out and build my own cross compiler to speed up my Apple OSX development. Like most people I have more x86 hardware then I do ppc. It didn't take long to get it build and a test distccd server up to show that it was working.
When I compile for Linux x86 I use distccKnoppix to utilize all my spare x86 computers I have lying around. Using the Knoppix Remastering Howto I quickly added the ppc cross compiler to distccKnoppix. Now when it boots two distccd demon's start on separate ports. The default port (3632) has the x86 compiler and the ppc compiler is on port 3633.
Now Apple developers finally have a use for their x86 hardware (that they can admit to). This is also a nice cheap way to speed up OSX compiling and development.
Check out my distcc optimizations article which can help you best utilize distcc.
For detailed information about Distcc, Distccd, installation instructions, and FAQ visit their website at http://distcc.samba.org/
---
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~benjamin/pro...distccppc.html
Regards,
Walter.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98