Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do I enter boot options for knoppix 3.3?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    13

    How do I enter boot options for knoppix 3.3?

    I'm trying to get my USB jump drive to work. I'm given boot options of:

    home=/dev/sda1 or home=scan


    How do I use them??? I've tried the command prompt as superuser....nothing! I've even attempted to type into the boot screen, but the bootup list just bypasses my entry and leaves me behind!!

    What's the trick?? Please help!! Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southern Oregon, USA
    Posts
    15
    I just got a thumbdrive myself and haven't played with it yet, but here is a forum topic I found on it. Looked good.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...141&highlight=

    Hope it helps

    Robert

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    when you start knoppix you come to a line saying boot:
    there you type in
    boot:knoppix home=scan (or /dev/sda1)

Similar Threads

  1. Two Knoppix boot options?
    By kernco in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
  2. New to knoppix--cannot enter commands at boot screen
    By section_8te in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:06 PM
  3. Passing arguments to knoppix.sh via boot options
    By gogoye in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 08:07 PM
  4. Knoppix Problems/Boot Options
    By Journey44 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:56 AM
  5. Customize default knoppix boot options(knoppix home=scan etc
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00