-
Junior Member
registered user
Cannot mount my thumbdrive!!
I started out playing with my new knoppix 3.3 live cd. Now I'm engaged in a fierce battle with it to make it function properly with my usb jump drive! Earlier today I had the jump drive formatted with ext2; knoppix recognized it in r/w mode and would mount it, but would not interact with it. After researching some previous posts, I determined I needed to format it in FAT16....which I did. However, it ended up with 4 partitions on it (funny, my windows machine didn't tell me that!)
Anyway, I'm assuming that in order to proceed I must be able to mount them....but I'm given error messages stating that neither sda1,sda2,sda3, or sda4 can be mounted because they are "not a valid block device" . What the hell does that mean?!!?
I fear I may be loosing this battle....I have precious little ammunition (knowledge) to "mount" a counterattack.
Anybody have a suggestion??
Similar Threads
-
By fidofido in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
-
By Kethean in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
-
By gdog in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By smbenton in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

USED Silver White Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" Kids Edition 32GB TABLET - SM-T290
$39.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2133 PC4-2133P ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin 15-102217-01
$239.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77