-
Re: RE: Cannot mount my thumbdrive!!

Originally Posted by
knopphead
Well, I reformatted it in FAT32, but knoppix still sees partitions /sda1 thru /sda4. Neither one of which I can mount!!
command: mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/pen
response: mount: mount point /mnt/pen does not exist
command: mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb
response: mount: mount point /mnt/usb does not exist
command: fdisk /dev/sda (/sda1 thru /sda4)
response: unable to open /dev/sda...........
My linux "education" hasn't covered changing things in the directory yet...
I've reformatted this drive on both my windows ME and XP. The fdisk command doesn't work for removable disks in ms-dos. So I'm at a loss on how to format this thing with one partition!! Please let me know if you can think of something else!!
Thanks for responding!!!!!

I had the same exact problem when I tried to use my SONY Micro Vault drive.
Similar Threads
-
By fidofido in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
-
By Kethean in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
-
By gdog in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By smbenton in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75