-
Another boot disk problem...
I hate to do this but Ive got a question. When i put the knoppix cd in the drive and boot, it says,
Verifying DMI Pool Data..........
Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
1.HD System Type-(19)Roxio CD/DVD-ROM Boot Loader v1.01
no operating system
I use Roxio easy cd creator classic for my burning, and it has a boot disk cd option.I have 2 files on the disk, The knoppix-SDT-0.1.iso, And BOOTCAT.BIN (I think roxio put that there...) I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I do not know Roxio software, but most have in common that you need to make sure you are burning a known good image. Do a search on md5sum.
When recording it needs to be burnt as a .iso image. This is not the same as just copying data. Make sure your software options are set correctly. Try looking under tools or file types supported in your software help files.
johnb
-
I made another disk with everything unzipped this time and when i boot it says...
SYSLINUX 2.04 (Debain, 2003-06-06) Copyright (C) 1994-2003 H. Peter Anvin.
Then theres about two lines of gibberish and at the end it says Boot:
I can type there but if I type anything it says "Cannot find kernel img file <whatever I typed>
Then if i whait a while, or type Knoppix it gives me a blank screen after it loads some script thats too fast for me to read.
<Still clueless...>
-
You shouldn't unzip anything from the iso file. Here's a howto for roxio:
http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd
Slower burning speeds are often more reliable, max 4x if you want to be sure.
-
Ok, Im burning (Again...) now. But i think that may have done it, thanks. :D
-
Thank you soo soo much you all are gods!
Similar Threads
-
By Eradicator in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By bbouton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By iconfly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 08:19 PM
-
By qa1433 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB BATTERY ISSUE
$474.99

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Apple Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$614.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00