-
Problems mounting a USB memory stick
Hi!
- I have problems mounting my USB memory stick (Apacer 128MB handy STENO 2.0).
I'm booting Knoppix 3.3 from CD with the memory stick installed, on an Acer TravelMate 525TX portable PC. I have made a directory called /mnt/usbkey. On my KDE desktop there are 4 sda icons (sda1 to sda4).
- Clicking on the icons on the desktop gives me:
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
/dev/sda1: Input/output error
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified
- Manuall mounting gives me:
root@ttyp0[root]# mount /dev/sda -t vfat /mnt/usbkey/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
or too many mounted file systems
(I have also tried using /dev/sda1 to /dev/sda4 instead of only /dev/sda)
- DMESG gives me:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ dmesg |grep sda
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 253949 512-byte hdwr sectors (130 MB)
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
- I also have tried to save my knoppix configuration to the usb device 1 to 4 without luck:
The KNOPPIX configuration could NOT be saved:
- What do I do wrong?
Similar Threads
-
By pjafrombbay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By alex stacey in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By ze-trinchas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 04:18 AM
-
By ze-trinchas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:00 PM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

⭐️Atari RX8044 Joust Vintage Computer Game Cartridge⭐️Vintage 1983⭐️
$7.93

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29