Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ASUSTeK/Broadcom 440x 10/100 Cannot be detected or something

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    ASUSTeK/Broadcom 440x 10/100 Cannot be detected or something

    Hi,
    I'm a linux noob, just trying to get the internet going with Knoppix v3.3
    I have a ASUSTeK/Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller on an ASUS P4PE motherboard.
    and I've been searching around on the forums but cannot find a solution. I tried using the "knoppix nosmp" but that doesn't seem to help. What should I try? When I go to dsl/PPPoE configuration tool it says it found eth0 but it times out or something. So I say click yes to launch modconf and in there I cannot use the arrow keys to select anything just the enter key.
    v3.3 works better than v3.2 because in v3.2 it didn't even detect any NIC.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5
    Ok I tried v3.3 on my another machine with older hardware (smc nic) connected to the same router and it works after I setup using "netcardconfig". However if I perform the same operations with the built in broadcom I still can't get net access.

    In the old box even the sound and hard disks get detected automatically! Amazing. I can't get these to work on my newer box too but all I want is the net to work first then worry about the small things.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get DHCP from the router for Broadcom 440x
    By dundas in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
  2. Yet another broadcom nic hassle
    By fatso in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 04:26 PM
  3. Broadcom 440 NIC Support
    By jimbo-62 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
  4. Broadcom 440X 10/100 integrated ethernet?
    By Caspian in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
  5. Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit
    By Hug It in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99