-
Senior Member
registered user
problem booting 2.6 with cheatcodes with iso-top remaster
If i try to boot knoppix26 from the iso-top remaster it boots fine unless I add two or more cheatcodes with equal signs. If I do add two such cheatcodes ("knoppix26 lang=uk home=scan" for example) then it will mount miniroot, load the kernel (or so it claims) and just sit there (actually I won't be able to see that it has mounted the kernel unless I use vga=normal, but that uses up my only allowed =). If I add lots of cheatcodes without an = and just one with an = than it will boot fine ("knoppix2.6 lang=uk alsa dma 2 noapic noapm"). I'm wondering if it is somehow related to the knoppix-kernel patch for a long cmdline, but looking at the patch I can't see how it could be (but iana kernel hacker). The other thing I wonder about is the linuxrc files in the minirt (or something else in there) but seeing as linuxrc is identical in both .... anyone any ideas or can someone at least confirm I'm not mad (or suffering from strange hardware/cd)?
Similar Threads
-
By raytango in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
-
By pascal82 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 11:43 AM
-
By irsirius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
-
By Rootman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 09:54 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99

Vintage MOTOROLA XC68030RC16 Purple Ceramic CPU Computer Chip w/ Base Holder
$39.90

Vintage MOTOROLA XC68882RC16 Purple Ceramic CPU Computer Chip w/ Base Holder
$39.90

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99

Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99