-
Senior Member
registered user
problem booting 2.6 with cheatcodes with iso-top remaster
If i try to boot knoppix26 from the iso-top remaster it boots fine unless I add two or more cheatcodes with equal signs. If I do add two such cheatcodes ("knoppix26 lang=uk home=scan" for example) then it will mount miniroot, load the kernel (or so it claims) and just sit there (actually I won't be able to see that it has mounted the kernel unless I use vga=normal, but that uses up my only allowed =). If I add lots of cheatcodes without an = and just one with an = than it will boot fine ("knoppix2.6 lang=uk alsa dma 2 noapic noapm"). I'm wondering if it is somehow related to the knoppix-kernel patch for a long cmdline, but looking at the patch I can't see how it could be (but iana kernel hacker). The other thing I wonder about is the linuxrc files in the minirt (or something else in there) but seeing as linuxrc is identical in both .... anyone any ideas or can someone at least confirm I'm not mad (or suffering from strange hardware/cd)?
Similar Threads
-
By raytango in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
-
By pascal82 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 11:43 AM
-
By irsirius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
-
By Rootman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 09:54 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G
$129.99