-
Senior Member
registered user
help! burning a Knoppix dvd
Seems that fat 32 does not like files over 2 gigs. NTFS on XP pro seems to be ok with files over 2 gig as does linux fs. I have managed to remaster 3.4 ct. boots in english with nvidia drivers loads of games and other apps. Thing is that the iso was 1.8 gig I copied the ISO to a fat 32 partition and burned the iso to dvd from windows.
Next I tried to modify the iso-top dvd. I have it the way want. I have the 2.1 gig iso to burn to the dvd.
Here is the problem:
1.) I cant burn the dvd from knoppix because there is a Knoppix dvd in the drive.
2.) I can't get the iso to windows because the file is too big for fat 32. The partition is 10 gig. I also tried formatting the partition NTFS and use NTFS captive. That said operation not permitted after copying about 1.1 gig.
Here is my question:
1.) Assuming that my file structure is as would be created by using remastering how-to in the doc section (with isolinux) is there a way to create a floppy boot disk that would boot my remastered iso from the hard drive? ( isolinux is nested about 3 layers deep)
2.) Is there a Linux command line command that I can use that would burn the image to the dvd? Maybe I could use damn small loaded into ram to free up the dvd drive
3.) The actual KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX was slightly smaller than 2 gig so I was able to recreate the entire file structure in a directory in windows. I tried to recreate the iso I got the error opps cant find /boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin
Does anyone know the windows command line that would create the iso file?
Similar Threads
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By raindrop in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 07:06 AM
-
By crazysniper22 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 09:48 PM
-
By E-Compagnie in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By Havoc in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14β HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14β FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14β Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00