Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Fix an FAQ!

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    61

    Fix an FAQ!

    The FAQ Samba Quick needs updating I think. Maybe my setup is different [I'm running of the CD] but the line

    Code:
    mount -t smbfs -u username=foo,password=bar //windowsbox/sharename /mnt/myshare
    
    should have the -u changed to -o
    
    mount -t smbfs -o username=foo,password=bar //windowsbox/sharename /mnt/myshare
    definition of pain--spending 3+ hours trying to figure it out!

    I found a cool page from IBM about setting up Samba. I's got some neat (and simple) steps to change & test one thing at a time to get going! It's for Linux-to-AS/400 [iSeries] connection, but it's pretty good.

    to the google cache (pdf-html)
    http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    search: ibm as400 file shares linux client


    p.s. how do you get rid of the overtyping in the root shell--it's really hard to see what you're doing.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    Good point. I made the change. Next time you need to mount a samba share and can't remember the syntax, enter the command "smbmount" with out any arguments and you will get the help screen with the last line of
    mount -t smbfs -o username=tridge,password=foobar //fjall/test /data/test
    to use as a reference for your mount command.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    61

    Thanks

    Thanks, that was quick. Wow!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1

    tdb(null): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/u

    Hi,

    I tried to mount -t smbfs, but received error tdb(null): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory.

    Anyone can advise what happened?

    Thank you

    Cheers,
    Tjioe

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    I get the same message (3 times), but I still get a password prompt and a successfull log on. Do you get a password prompt? I do not include the "password=" option when I mount smb shares.

  6. #6

    Re: tdb(null): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/sam

    Quote Originally Posted by frenky
    Hi,

    I tried to mount -t smbfs, but received error tdb(null): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory.

    Anyone can advise what happened?

    Thank you

    Cheers,
    Tjioe
    I found this work around online. I don't know if it will work in your situation. Try typing:

    Code:
    sudo touch /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb
    Let us know if this fixes the problem. If it does, it appears that the samba implementation is missing the unexpected.tdb file and by creating it (with touch) you are diverting the error messages. This probably isn't a full blown fix as unexpected.tdb probably does something important... but it appears that it works around the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



10x LOT: New in Box Cisco CP-7821-K9 VOIP Business Phones w/ Handsets + Stands picture

10x LOT: New in Box Cisco CP-7821-K9 VOIP Business Phones w/ Handsets + Stands

$795.00



Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset picture

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset

$64.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99