Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Modem Speedtouch problem

  1. #1

    Modem Speedtouch problem

    Hello all,

    I have no experience with Linux before so I am a complete newbie. I can't get connection to the internet. I get the following errormessage when starting Knoppix:.
    "Insmod: insmod: a module named atm already exists
    insmod: insmod: speedtch failed
    Insmod: a module named speedtch already exists
    insmod: insmod/lib/modules 2.4.24 - xfs/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.0 failed
    insmod: insmod speedtch failed"

    so i figured this is a driver problem. I have Speedtouch 330. I visited the site of Speedtouch, and there I downloaded the Linux driver. But I don't know how to installl this on Knoppix.
    I looked on this site for answers but it is all too technical to me. Can someone show me the way?

    Greetings,
    Drivermaniac

    P.s.: the files I have downloaded are:
    KQD6P1.eni
    KQD6P2.eni

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    I don't know the first thing about your modem but Kano has written some scripts to help get these things working. You can get them here:
    http://kanotix.com/files/

  3. #3

    Knoppix Linux problem

    Hello mzilikazi,

    I simply don't know anything about Linux..... so referring to this site won't help me.
    I have Knoppix version 3.3, 2004-02-16.

    Maybe someone can help.

    Drivermaniac

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:39 PM
  2. ADSL with Speedtouch external modem on Acer Aspire Laptop
    By Graham Neal in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
  3. A different modem problem!
    By rogleale in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
  4. Alcatel speedtouch modem and hard disk installation
    By perpo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
  5. modem problem
    By mann in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive picture

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive

$24.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00