Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mouse doesn't work after Knoppix upgrade

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5

    Mouse doesn't work after Knoppix upgrade

    Hi,

    I did apt-get upgrade, and apparantly messed up my config. I have a normal PS/2 mouse, and now it doesn't work. When I do 'cat /dev/psaux' I can see the signals it sends when I move it and it's fine. I had gpm, but I removed it (apt-get remove gpm), since I understood it conflicts with the X config.

    Here's the relevant snippet from the xconfig. I know there are some duplicates. Pls tell me what I have to remove or edit. It's a scroll whell mouse, ps/2, standard (by Dell).

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "keyboard"
    Option "CoreKeyboard"
    Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us,il"

    Option "XkbOptions" "grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scrol l"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Serial Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "Microsoft"
    Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "auto"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Buttons" "5"
    EndSection

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    If you have your mouse working with the live-cd you can copy over the XF86Config-4 file to your hd.
    This is what I have for PS/2:

    Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
    # Serial Mouse not detected
    # USB Mouse not detected
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "PS/2 Mouse" # Match this with InputDevice above
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2" # Try PS/2 if it doesn't work
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    EndSection

Similar Threads

  1. PS/2 mouse doesn't work after upgrade
    By pearman in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:15 PM
  2. PS2 mouse not working after upgrade
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 07:02 PM
  4. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
  5. mouse lost after apt-get upgrade
    By ool in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Atari 800 48K 8-bit Computer System With Power Supply & Extras Tested & Working picture

Atari 800 48K 8-bit Computer System With Power Supply & Extras Tested & Working

$354.98



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested picture

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested

$29.78



Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested

$149.99



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29