-
USB config file -- gimp files? hardware?
Just got my first knoppix CD.
WOW! Awsome distro -- detected all my h/ware (including Wacom tablet and my mp3 player) -- and I was up an running in seconds!
I'm in love!
Anyway, two quick questions. I have my (usb) mp3 player's free space available as /mnt/sda1, so I remounted it as writable. (Yippe, now with a CD and my mp3 player I can carry my OS and files with me!) My questions are:
1. If I save a knoppix config file to /mnt/sda1, will that just save my preferences or will hardware detection be affected when I shift computers?
2. I re-insall all the pref files for GIMP on each re-boot, I assume I can install all those files onto /mnt/sda1 and update my config file, yes? How? ...and how much space do those temp gimp files use?
I reckon you could make an army of temp-ing/casual staff happy with a knoppix + usb storage bundle: their desktop would travel with them, and client files would be read-only by default.
Very happy from day 1.
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 07:31 AM
-
By Xwrapper3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 10:34 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 03:53 AM
-
By clintonian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99