-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Succesfully installed. Now...

Originally Posted by
Raoul
Hello
After a few tries I managed to install Knoppix on a clean hard drive (ie no windows partition). The first problem I came accross was that I couldn't unrar files. Ark said something wrong about the "PATH". So I went for rarsoft.com and got the files... Any way I can tell Ark to use them ? Or do I have to go for the grim command line ?
Sorry, never used ARK before but there is a really cool utility called z that is a frontend for gzip, tar, bzip and others. Just do
z somefile.tar.gz and voila! You can get z like so:
cd
wget http://freshmeat.net/redir/z/12310/u...z-2.4.0.tar.gz
tar xzvf z-2.4.0.tar.gz
cd z-2.4.0
su
make install
Now you can just use z for all of those archived files.
z file.tar.gz
cd file
./configure && make && make install
(note that is only how you USUALLY do it- read the README or INSTALL doc that comes with any source you download.
Also I failed to install every program I downloaded. Are there special operations to do like registering the prog in the system for instance ?
What programs? It is entirely dependent on what they are as to how they are installed. You are however using Debian and Debian makes life easy. Just use apt-get. You have Kpackage or better yet Synaptic if you like a gui to install apps with. Here is an apt-get mini tutorial:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638
And finally several programs included in Knoppix won't work. With Freeciv, among others, I have the "loading" pointer for a few sec and that's all. Any idea
Thanks a lot
Well those are probably just dead links from the menu. Debian has update-menus but dunno if that works for KDE menu or not sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By bcalder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
-
By rniles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
-
By Harami in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 03:09 AM
-
By philipx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:03 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HPE 10/25GbE 2Port SFP28 Intel E810 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10G 25G 25GE
$609.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00