-
Senior Member
registered user
New Debian based Distro
Not to belittle our beloved Knoppix, but I saw a story on distrowatch to a new Debian based distro called Munjoy Linux. It looks nice but what is it with Debian based Desktop distros? Why do they all have strange names. Mepis and Munjoy. Wierd. In any event I think Munjoy may borrow a few things from Knoppix.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for the link.
Actually, this has many of the features I always loved to see in Knoppix:
- supermount (no more mounting)
- bootsplash, finally
- very professional unified and clean look
The overall look and feel is more "polished" than the Knoppix default settings (e. g. anti-aliased fonts, clean background picture). it almost looks like my own desktop 
http://www.munjoylinux.org/munjoy11-png.html#
Now I dream of a Knoppix that looks and works like Munjoy.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
probono
Thanks for the link.
Actually, this has many of the features I always loved to see in Knoppix:
- supermount (no more mounting)
- bootsplash, finally
- very professional unified and clean look
The overall look and feel is more "polished" than the Knoppix default settings (e. g. anti-aliased fonts, clean background picture). it almost looks like my own desktop
http://www.munjoylinux.org/munjoy11-png.html#
Now I dream of a Knoppix that looks and works like Munjoy.
Yeah, the supermount feature caught my eye as it's been discussed here a bit already.
-
-
What does it mean by automatic partitioning? Is that just an option? I wouldn't want it partitioning my drive without my input.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
champagnemojo
What does it mean by automatic partitioning? Is that just an option? I wouldn't want it partitioning my drive without my input.

You can choose "No" for automatic partitioning and it will start cfdisk.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I was intrigued enough to dl today and burn iso. It bots but gets stuck on loading
I burned another CD, slow. No difference. Does anyone have mb5 checksum for the download? I didn't see anything at the site.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The MD5 checksum for "munjoylinux-0.5.4.iso" is (or should be, anyway):
22c1fbd2c2ca92d3ffe5e01251bb39e0
Be advised you apparently can't actually run it from the CD -- it starts giving you installation options right after it boots. If you dump out of the installation, it runs Damn Small Linux. Unless I'm missing something...
What does the "supermount feature" do?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It makes popping and mounting cd's and floppies easier. You don't have to type the mount commands if you have supermount, it does it automatically for you in the background. Nice, eh? Btw, if you're into compiling kernels, there's a supermount patch out for 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. I have it compiled in my 2.4 kernel and it makes it easy for me to take out my cd's without having to run mount/unmount especially since I forget to do that sometimes.
-

Originally Posted by
aay

Originally Posted by
champagnemojo
What does it mean by automatic partitioning? Is that just an option? I wouldn't want it partitioning my drive without my input.

You can choose "No" for automatic partitioning and it will start cfdisk.
Ahh, ok. Thanks for the info. In that case it sounds like a nice feature.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By jfsebastian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99