-
Senior Member
registered user
sid is the code name for unstable
-
Senior Member
registered user
back to original topic of this thread: munjoy=nojoy for me, at least
Checksum is good. It just won't load though it boots. I have watched carefully at least a dozen times and I get no pause/prompt for input. It boots, there is a grey screen that goes by very quickly where I catch loading vmlinuz blah blah, then onto the the black screen with little penquin, says "munjoy linux install CD...blah blah knoppix...init version 2.8 knoppix booting? blah blah.....then loading"
and there it sits. I have kept it up as much as a half hour but there is no progress. Tried in both my cd and burner drives. Not sure what else is left to try until I get my spare box back together for a go in that.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I see that the Munjoy site now has it's own forum section so folks may want to post questions and give feedback there.
http://www.munjoylinux.org/forums/
-
Senior Member
registered user
thanks Aay. I just signed up and posted there.
-
Re: New Debian based Distro
I'm typing this on it right now. So far I'm mostly happy with it as an actual item, and very happy with it as far as being an initial release. Considering the complexities of something like this, what problems I've had seem pretty minor.
The good: Great alsa setup, I like the little touches to try to make it more desktop friendly.
The bad: I tried dist-upgrading to sid and afterward it wouldn't boot anymore.
But, all in all, I think they've got a good thing on their hands.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Joe, have you tried Kanotix? A little closer to sid than even Knoppix. I have upgraded more than I ever tried with knoppix and haven't broken it yet though I am very cautious.
My munjoy=nojoy continues, to date no response to my problem. I did put my spare box back together yesterday and booted munjoy on that. Happily it did boot and LOADED and I got to the installer. Then it failed, repeatedly saying no disk was chosen to partition when I repeatedly chose hdb2.
No idea why it won't load on my newer machine. Thought the error on the spare was due to the ancient and much abused 5 or 6 yo HD in there. But afterwards knoppix installed fine on same disk. Will have to just put away munjoy for now and hope there isn't some sort of hopeless incompatibility with my amd herd and the 2.6 kernel.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By jfsebastian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By mmw1231 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Apple II Plus Model A2S1048A Vintage Personal Computer Powers On, Read
$140.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh System 7 OS Software 8 Floppy Disks Manuals Original
$99.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99