Quote Originally Posted by nishtya
BTW...how are you managing to run two linux distros on the same disk if you are? I am unable to get lilo configured to "triple boot". I can have two linux distros on my secondary disk and w98 on the primary disk. But I have to boot one of the linuxes with a floppy. Have tried a couple of times, but wind up with lilo trying to boot one of the linuxes with the kernel of the other, or something weird like that. Frankly not sure lilo can do it
Lilo can do it. I have run as many as 20 different versions of Linux and MSWindoze from the same HD, all booting with lilo. This is how I do it. There are probably other ways.

1) Set up a Linux distro. Use Lilo. (If you are planning to dual-boot with MSWindoze, it is easiest if you install Windoze first.) Lilo can now boot the Linux distro that installed it, but can't boot another Linux because it can't find that Linux's kernel.
2) In the distro that is set up to boot with Lilo, make a directory for the kernels of whatever other Linux distros you want to install. I call mine "kernels".
3) Copy the kernel of the other installed Linux to this directory.
4) Edit /etc/lilo.conf and make a "stanza" that applies to the second (or third, or fourth) Linux. Write it like the stanza of the first Linux, but path to "image=/kernels/vmlinuz---" (whatever the name of the other kernel is). Set "Label" to reflect the name of the new distro, and set "Root" as the path to the new distro.
5) As root, run "lilo" after you have edited and saved the config file.
6) Reboot. If there was a line in the first part of lilo.conf that said "prompt", you should now get a menu of all the distros set up in lilo. Choose one.