-
Junior Member
registered user
hdd-installed knoppix 3.3 - Bios fails on reboot
Last night I did a hdd install of knoppix 3.3 (16-2-04) build.
It installed without a hitch.
I had to do some work in windows XP for a bit, so I logged out of knoppix and rebooted.
Then my machine bios hung at detecting hard drive.
I had to clear cmos & leave the machine with the powerlead removed for 30 minutes before I could reboot!
Don't want to have to do this everytime I finish using knoppix!
When I originally booted the knoppix CD i passed the argument DMA - could this cause such a serious problem?
--
Brian
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 06:27 AM
-
By paranerd in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By Capiora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By Buttersoft in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00