Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: root password

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12

    root password

    I dont know what the root password is on Knoppix 3.3. I was just playing around trying to change login settings but I dont know the root password. Any help would be great.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    34

    lol

    if you type :
    su root
    then enter on a konsole terminal, you will be logged as root on that console

    then any application you launch since the term will take the root privileges

    i hope it helped

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1
    That didn't seam to work for me or did i do it wrong. I am not sure, I am new to linux so please forgive me but were would i type 'su root'?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    {Orceph}Rye,

    May I suggest, the vast previous postings, and answers, found within this fabulous forum

    Try typing "root password" or "root" & "password" in the box found at the top of this topic, or even at the forum index, the box labeled "Search Knoppix.net" ...

    I KNOW of at least 15 postings/threads that have not only asked the exact same question you have, but have also given answers to the exact same question you have asked.

    Upon searching these forums for your answer, you will not only find your answer, but you just may realize that your question has been answered hundereds of times, already. You may try the search first, then ask, if you can't locate your problem. I have found that many of the postings on these forums have REPEATED many times, because someone hasn't done a search beforehand. The ROOT PASSWORD, is by far, repeated more times in new postings than any other question on these boards.

    I am not above being guilty of this either; if you search back far enough, you will even find MY posting of this exact same question. Since that time, I have not only replied many times to this same question, but have also responded just as many times with answers to this exact same question. If I had the exact web address of one of these posting threads, I would have loved to provide it on this reply, but, again, that is why the SEARCH KNOPPIX.NET search box is provided above, to search for previous topics, threads, postings, and even answers, of previous issues - the root password has been posted many times.

    The wonderful SysAdmin for Knoppix.Net has done a fantastic job of keeping archives of previous posts, just for the ability of search on them, and the vast knowledge provided by many people previous on these boards is available by using this searching.

    So, please try the search, it not only will provide you with your answer, but, knowing many of the people here in these forums, you will find your answer responded to in many ways of explanation; all the way from Guru Level, down to Novice Level.

    Hope this helps,
    Cuddles

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Ok, I did it, I was curious on just how many search results I would find...

    Here is the web search results on using "root" & "password" in the "Search Knoppix.net" search box above:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%5C%2...te:knoppix.net

    Upon clicking on the above search resuls link, you will find more than SEVEN HUNDERED topics on the exact same question you are asking: "what is the root password" - and of those more than 700 results, you will most certainly find your answer.

    Search is a wonderful thing

    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Root Password (what is it?)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
  2. What is the Root password in 3.4?
    By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:48 AM
  3. root password
    By stol in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
  4. Root password
    By DavidTempler in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 08:14 PM
  5. Root Password
    By VBgod in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog  picture

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog

$85.00



1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800 picture

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800

$59.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00